• Karine Writes

Where's Brandon Lawson?

Nobody really knows what happened to Brandon Lawson on that fateful night in 2013.

Brandon Lawson, age 26, was last seen on August 8, 2013. At the time of his disappearance, Brandon was living with long time girlfriend Ladessa Lofton. They had three children together. Brandon had one other child from a previous relationship. On the fateful night, Brandon and Ladessa had gotten into a heated argument over his most recent drug relapse. Soon after, Brandon left their home in San Angelo, Texas with the intention to go to his father’s house in Crowley, Texas nearly 4 hours away. He never made it to his father’s residence though.

His last known location was somewhere along U.S. 277 between San Angelo and Bronte, Texas. Brandon had called his younger brother Kyle around 12:30 a.m. letting him know that he ran out of gas and was wondering if he could help him. On the same phone call, Brandon also told Kyle “ The Mexicans in the neighborhood are chasing me out of town.” Kyle asked Brandon, “ Are the drugs making you hallucinate?” Brandon denied it all being in his head. After the phone call ended, Kyle drove less than a mile away to Brandon and Ladessa’s house to retrieve a gas can with his wife and 4 year old son.

The brothers stayed in contact as Kyle headed out to Brandon. What was odd was that in every phone call, Brandon would only say a few words, not even a full sentence then would hang up. This may have been from spotty cell phone service. During one of the phone calls to Kyle, Brandon had told him that he was running through a field and that he was bleeding. At around 12:50 a.m. Brandon had called 911 telling the dispatcher that he had ran out of gas on the side of the road, that he was in the middle of a field, and that he needed help and to please hurry. The dispatcher asked if he needed an ambulance but Brandon said that he just needed the cops. At this point, his brother Kyle didn’t know what was going on due to spotty cell phone service. It stopped their calls from connecting.

Here’s a look at how the calls went.

12:51 a.m. Kyle called Brandon and left a voicemail.

12:51 a.m. Brandon called Ladessa but she didn’t answer because her phone was on charge in her car.

12:52 a.m. Kyle’s wife tried to call Brandon two times.

12:54 a.m. Kyle called Brandon.

12:57 a.m. Brandon called his neighbor.

12:58 a.m. Brandon called Kyle two times.

12:58 a.m. The neighbor called Brandon three times.

1:04 a.m. The dispatcher tried to call Brandon back but left a voicemail. After the voicemail, they tried again.

1:09 a.m. Brandon called Kyle three times.

1:12 a.m. Kyle called Brandon three times.

1:15 a.m. Brandon called Kyle twice. This being the last phone call from his phone.

1:19 a.m. All attempted phone calls were sent straight to voicemail.

Dispatch received another phone call informing them that there was a F-150 messing up traffic by being over the white line from a trucker driving along 277. Just after 1 a.m. Deputy Neal pulled up to Brandon’s truck as Kyle and his wife were pulling up also. Kyle told the deputy that this was his brothers truck and that he had ran out of gas. Brandon wasn’t in the truck though. While they were standing by Brandon’s truck, Kyle got a phone call from Brandon saying, “I can see you. I’m right here.” Kyle couldn't see Brandon but he thought he was hiding because he saw a cop pulling up. Brandon had a warrant for for possession with intent to sell. Kyle didn’t think anything of it. At this point, Kyle and Neal didn’t know that Brandon had made a phone call to police.

Kyle put the gas can in the back of Brandon’s truck thinking he’d come back to it. After the deputy left, Kyle and his wife drove up the road a little bit and waited 45 minutes for Brandon to come out of the field. Kyle hollered and screamed Brandon’s name but heard nothing back. At the time, Kyle didn’t feel like anything was wrong with his brother. He had to leave eventually because his son was crying and hungry.

After Brandon got his son food, he figured that Brandon was just hiding because the cops were out. He thought Brandon would be at his truck by the time Kyle got back. Kyle pulled back up around 5 a.m.

Brandon was nowhere to be found.

One theory is that he got on drugs bad and went crazy. This would explain him saying the Mexicans are chasing him out of town but he left four children behind. If he done that on purpose you’d think he’d at least tell them bye instead of him telling them that he was going to his parents.

Another theory is that he ran off to start a new life. Brandon had cashed his 401k in with Renegade Oil Services. That may not be the reason though because his check didn’t hit his bank account until he went missing.

The last theory is that someone really was chasing after Brandon and they could have killed him or even kidnapped him.

Search teams scoured the area around where his truck was and found nothing. They only found a spot beneath a tree that looked like someone was sitting there. If you sat there you could see Brandon’s truck. Other officers even used a helicopter to search the fields. They were in the middle of a drought so you could even see the corn bags in the field but still no sign of Brandon. Even after 5 years, the hunters haven’t found anything either.

There’s a lot of speculation surrounding this case. Some people think that he hitched a ride with a stranger to somewhere and never be seen again. Some say they think someone killed him in the woods that night but there has been no evidence to that. To this day, we still don’t know what happened to Brandon Lawson.


©2019 by Karine Writes. Proudly created with